January 14, 2006

"一期一会" ~meeting only once in a lifetime~

This title means that you should treat someone as if that meeting was only once in your lifetime. And also you should value your relationship with people.

In the past 3 days, I gave a lecture to the foreign trainees at my company. Every year we accept this kind of offer and in almost 3 days worker lectures about our products. This year, unfortunately, the person who takes charge every year was on the business trip so I must speak in front of them on behalf of him.

5 foreigners were there as trainee. 2 Mexican, 2 Indonesian, and 1 Turkish. They were very sincere and earnest because they were representatives of their own countries. I felt a little bit nervous but I had fun to speak in English with foreign people. Therefore, I felt sorrow when we closed the lecture and had to say good-bye even the period were only 3 days.

Last year I studied English at CESL in Southern Illinois Univ. at Carbondale and also I experienced this kind of farewell between the classmates come from all over the world. And now, I assure that the experience of meeting people and knowing each other even this opportunity comes about once is precious for everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your blogg
Florencia

Anonymous said...

I was one of those mexican guys!
Memo.